Frequently Asked Questions
What is Coaching?
Professional Coaching is a professional partnership between a qualified coach and individual or team that supports the achievement of the individual or teams based on goals set by the individual or team. Through the coaching process, individuals or team focus on the skills and actions necessary to successfully produce their personally relevant results.
The individual or team chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions as well as concepts and principles which can assist in generating possibilities and identifying actions. Clarity is gained through the coaching process to support the most effective actions is achieved. Coaching accelerates the individual’s or team’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of possibilities leading to more effective choices.
The bottom line is… Coaching concentrates on where the individual or teams are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future. While there are many approaches to coaching, the ones that are most successful for the individual being coached focus on the individual’s or team’s goals.
My coaching uses the tenets of positive psychology by focusing on the client’s, you, strengths and creativity to help you achieve your goals. Your life your way is the only way to live an authentic life.
Benefits of Coaching
Individuals who engage in a coaching relationship can expect to experience fresh perspectives on:
- personal challenges and opportunities
- enhanced thinking and decision-making skills
- enhanced interpersonal effectiveness
- increased confidence in carrying out their chosen work and life roles
- Consistent with a commitment to enhancing their
Typical Reasons Someone Might Work with a Coach
There are many reasons that an individual or team might choose to work with a coach, including but not limited to the following:
- There is something at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity), and it is urgent, compelling or exciting or all of the above
- There is a gap in knowledge, skills, confidence, or resources A big stretch is being asked or required, and it is time sensitive
- There is a desire to accelerate results
- There is a need for a course correction in work or life due to a setback.
o An individual has a style of relating that is ineffective or
o Is not supporting the achievement of one’s personally relevant goals
- There is a lack of clarity, and there are choices to be made
- The individual is extremely successful, and success has started to become problematic
o Work and life are out of balance, and this is creating unwanted consequences
o One has not identified his or her core strengths and how best to leverage them
o The individual desires work and life to be simpler, less complicated
- There is a need and a desire to better organized and more self-managing
Coaching Process How’s, Where’s, and Looks
Coaching typically begins with a personal interview to assess the individual’s current opportunities and challenges. This initial interview also serves as the way to define the scope of the relationship, identify priorities for action and establish specific desired outcomes.
Coaching occurs either face-to-face or via teleconferencing. It is your choice, should you live locally, otherwise we will meet via teleconference.
Fees for coaching are $150 per hour. Subject to hardship and need, military, and senior citizen discounts are available. Packages are available.
Please call for further information:
(904) 293-3193 (o)
(904) 466-0869 (c)